View My Stats

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Doppelgangers.

It's a word that I'd heard of, but wasn't quite sure of its meaning.
And for the longest time didn't even think to look it up in  the dictionary.
When I was in the hospital, I was suddenly surrounded with people who spoke Doppelganger-ese.
So just by keeping my eyes and ears open, I learned the in-and-outs of Doppelganger-ism.
A famous person, one who resembles another famous person, is a Doppelganger.
Or an ordinary person who resembles a famous person is a Doppelganger.
The more famous the famous person is, the more combined the stature of the Doppelganger.
I saw a great Doppelganger in Hospital when I went to the rehab gym.
He was always on the bicycle.
He was a dead-ringer for about a 70 year old Orson Welles.
It couldn't have been Orson Welles who had been already dead for over 20 years.
That he could have gotten on the bicycle at all always astounded me.
This was the fat-old-Orson Welles.
----------------------------------------
My books, "Show Runner" and "Show Runner 2" can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store,
along with newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
They are all compilations of blog entries have since been removed from the blog.
So this is the only way you can find them.,
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne and Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperbacks, "Mark Rothman's Essays" and my new novel, "I'm Not Garbo" are not e-books.
But they are available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings lined up for those, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one of the paperbacks, personally autographed, contact me at macchus999@comcast.net
And now, there's my reading of my screenplay of my unmade "Laverne and Shirley" movie on "YouTube".
--------------------------

2 comments:

  1. The Orson Welles story reminds me of someone I met while living in Acapulco in the early 90's.....

    I was wondering if you ever knew a wardrobe guy, Eric Harrison?

    This page just shows a fraction of what he did....I do remember he said he worked Happy Days.

    I always stayed in touch with him and then boom, nothing. He lived in Van Nuys and one day I was in Ca. and stopped by, his neighbors said he just packed and left.

    Seems to me like you guys would've crossed paths.....know anything about him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the big mystery remained: Where were these antibodies for alpha gal (the sugars found in Erbitux and red meat) coming from? thought initially that it was a parasite, says Dr. Scott Commins, an assistant professor of medicine at UVA working on the project under Platts Mills. We screened for all kinds of crazy parasites. (tags: Coach Outlet Store Online , Michael Kors Bags Sale, Coach Outlet Store, MK Outlet)

    This year, though 6 6 or 7 5 seems like a safer bet, I have the Huskies going 8 4. It isn't a big step, but given the schedule and the fact that this team is far from a sure thing, it's quite a task. And if the Huskies accomplish this, it will set the stage for what could be a dominant showing in 2013, when Price is a senior and Seferian Jenkins and Williams are juniors possibly thinking about the NFL. (tags: Cheap Real Yeezys, Discount Jordan Shoes Wholesale, Cheap Yeezys)

    Looking ahead, she also divulged another career goal. "I do miss acting, and I have something surprising to tell you: I'm going to start acting again," Bynes said. "I want to do TV. Though overall a lower cost, certain specific programs are funded at a much higher figure, often close to 100%. These can include in many cases some transportation, some early childhood as well as some career and technical ("vocational education") costs. Special education used to be at 100% but has been cut back in recent years in order to avoid over identification within the districts (tags: Jordan Shoes For Sale Cheap, 2020 Jordan Release Dates, Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet).

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."