View My Stats

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Best Film.

Nominees


Ford v Ferrari

Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping and James Mangold, Producers 
(Don't care for the genre.)

The Irishman

Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal and Emma Tillinger Koskoff, Producers 
(Great stuff.  But so-o-o-o long.)

Jojo Rabbit

Carthew Neal and Taika Waititi, Producers
(Great, great, and great.) 

Joker

Todd Phillips, Bradley Cooper and Emma Tillinger Koskoff, Producers
(Pretty special, but a little over-the-top in terms of gore.)  

Little Women

Amy Pascal, Producer 
(Enjoyed it, but didn't find it compelling.)


Marriage Story

Noah Baumbach and David Heyman, Producers.
(Tremendously affecting.) 

1917

Sam Mendes, Pippa Harris, Jayne-Ann Tenggren and Callum McDougall, Producers
(Didn't see it.) 

Once upon a Time...in Hollywood

David Heyman, Shannon McIntosh and Quentin Tarantino, Producers
(Lots of fun.  Great little touches.) 

Parasite

Kwak Sin Ae and Bong Joon Ho, Producers.
Lost me after the first 15 minutes.  I'm sure it was my bad.)

My Pick---"Jo Jo Rabbit". 

Enjoy the Oscars.  If I have anything to say about the awards afterwards, I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."