View My Stats

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Rothman's Picks for The Oscars, Part Six of Six.

Best picture:


“Arrival”  Really good.  I've seen better.

“Fences”  Well written, performed, and staged.

“Hacksaw Ridge”  A whole lot of fun.  In a thin year, I'd vote for it.

“Hell or High Water”  It's not a thin year.  Deserves consideration.

“Hidden Figures”  In the top three.  Important, complete news to me that it was an issue, great performances up and down the line.

“La La Land”  Lots of people liked it better than I did.

“Lion”  Most people liked it better than I did.

“Manchester by the Sea”  Even in a thick year, like this one, I could vote for it.

“Moonlight”  Not for me.


The Winner:  "Hidden Figures"   Just too meaningful and important, and well told, and well played.

Enjoy the show!  If I have anything to say about it afterwards,  I shall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My books, "Show Runner" and it's sequel, "Show Runner Two", can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store.
Along with the newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
They are all compilations of blog entries that have since been removed from the blog.
So this is the only way you can find them.
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne and Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperbacks, "Mark Rothman's Essays" and my new novel, "I'm Not Garbo" are not e-books.
But they are available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings lined up for those, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one of the paperbacks, personally autographed, contact me at macchus999@comcast.net
And now, we've got my reading of my "Laverne and Shirley Movie" screenplay on YouTube.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."