View My Stats

Monday, October 23, 2017

About Harvey Weinstein.

Forgive me, I have tried really hard not to be this relevant, but the DVDs that I've promised to review for you have been lost somewhere in the mailing system, so I'm forced to write about something else.
Something of significance.  They'll be here eventually, but my public awaits, so 1 have to write about something.
Now, as to Harvey Weinstein.
Ideal casting for the undoubtedly forthcoming film "The Harvey Weinstein Story" is Jeff Garlin.
You know, Susie Greene's "fat fuck" of a husband from "Curb Your Enthusiasm".
It's perfect.  He should be lobbying for it now.
As one who has witnessed show business from the inside out, let me just say that everything you have heard about Weinstein is undoubtedly true.
Is it typical behavior?  Most assuredly.
It's probably the main reason more men haven't spoken out about it.
They've got their own things to not talk about.
Have I ever have I ever been guilty of such acts?
I'd like to think not.
I may have told an actress that she was attractive, but there was never any implied threat about whether a part was at stake.
I just thought I was just being courteous.
I have been told about first-hand or witnessed first-hand major transgressions, ranging  from studio heads basic chasing an actress around their desks all the way to producers installing a lock that locks a potential victim from the inside and threatening her with blackballing if the actress didn't come across.
I could name names but both men are now dead, and have living families.
So I'll let that lie.
What did I do about it at the time?
As contemptible as I thought it was, I was in no position to act on my disgust.
Did I ever think in terms of "was she asking for it?"
Never crossed my mind.
Who asks for such things?
Will this continue?
I can't imagine why not.
Harvey Weinstein produced wonderful A-List movies.
Actresses have allowed themselves to be exploited for "The Attack of the Grade -Z Zombies".
All we will have perhaps done is eliminate one of the great, if most offensive, producers.
Maybe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My books, "Show Runner" and it's sequel, "Show Runner Two", can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store.
Along with the newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
They are all compilations of blog entries that have since been removed from the blog.
So this is the only way you can find them.,
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne and Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperbacks, "Mark Rothman's Essays" and my new novel, "I'm Not Garbo" are not e-books.
But they are available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings lined up for those, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one of the paperbacks, personally autographed, contact me at macchus999@comcast.net
And now, we've got my reading of my "Laverne and Shirley Movie" screenplay on YouTube.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."