View My Stats

Saturday, October 14, 2017

"Busting Loose"

About two months ago, I mentioned that in the not too distant future, I will be uploading episodes of my 1977 series "Busting Loose".  A few days ago,  I received this e-mail from Stu Shostak, whose internet podcast I have appeared on three times, and will appear on again in the near future.
He is referring to "Busting Loose", which hasn't been seen in 40 years.
Note how similar its theme music, which I wrote, is almost identical to that of "Matlock's".
But ours was 9 years earlier.
So who stole from who?


Hi Mark...I FINALLY had a chance to get the first eight episodes of your series on Youtube.  The links are as follows:

Pilot - https://youtu.be/Dx86NA8uT84"Five's a Crowd" - https://youtu.be/umZtcYOd6Yc

"The Bigger They Come, The Harder They Fall" - https://youtu.be/yYhTTKnnQJU

"Still Nutsy After All These Years" - https://youtu.be/dWFlC1K81rM"Grandpa Markowitz" - https://youtu.be/UeEPUFhW6Kw

"Hell Hath No Fury" - https://youtu.be/f28BzflCX8U  

"Love's Labor Lost" - https://youtu.be/viz2uL5Katc

"Kiss and Dwell" - https://youtu.be/rQZdbKa9iBA

Stu

I think they are all very funny and hold up and are worth your time.  I hope you'll check them out, and give me your feedback about them.
The irony is that Barbara Rhoades as Melody  was not my first choice. A young voluptuous actress whom I had never seen before came in and gave a knockout reading.
I gathered the troops, and they weren't as impressed as I was. I said that Barbara Rhoades had been around the track a few times.
This was not going to make her a star. We desperately needed a star. This girl had star potential. About a year later she became one on WKRP in Cincinatti.
I got outvoted. It was Loni Andersen. Go try to be smart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My books, "Show Runner" and it's sequel, "Show Runner Two", can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store.
Along with the newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
They are all compilations of blog entries that have since been removed from the blog.
So this is the only way you can find them.,
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne and Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperbacks, "Mark Rothman's Essays" and my new novel, "I'm Not Garbo" are not e-books.
But they are available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings lined up for those, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one of the paperbacks, personally autographed, contact me at macchus999@comcast.net
And now, we've got my reading of my "Laverne and Shirley Movie" screenplay on YouTube.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. I do remember that show. I specifically watched it on the basis of the promo "by the producers of Happy Days" which I was a big fan of until it started getting kind of corny (after you left it.) Adam Arkin was funny as a somewhat sad sack 20-something. Barbara Rhodes, I believe was her name, was the tall, sexy woman who lived next door. The series should have lasted longer than it did. Maybe it just didn't have the right time slot.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."