View My Stats

Monday, November 6, 2017

Rothman's Guide To Fine Dining, Part Three.

At this point, I thought it would be fair to point out that I don't hate everything.
There are many fine Oriental and Sushi restaurants.
The problem might be that you cannot imagine tasting sushi, much less enjoying it.
If it's not the purely take-out variety it's probably pretty good.
I suggest that you at least try it.
There are probably half a dozen really good sushi places within shouting distance of me
As for Chinese, you are best off seeking out local establishments.
I found a great Chinese restaurant, as good as anything I ever had when I lived in New York, and I used to go to Chinatown.
By the way, stay away from Panda Express at all costs.
Sushi rules apply here.
I am rather partial to Japanese Benihana places, although I don't enjoy the communal dining aspect..
As for Mexican, there are several really good ones.
In Chicago, there is a chain called Taco El Norte.
As much take-out as order- in.  And on weekends they have Mariachi Bands.
The food is really good, but it's still not what you'd call "Fine Dining".
What I would call fine dining Mexican in is a Chicago chain called Uncle Julios.
Very upscale, but not expensive, great Chips and Salsa, They do tableside Guac with all the flourishes, and is worth the extra few bucks.  My favorite is the Lobster Fajitas which are only available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
This is the real deal.  They make you feel special when you eat there.
That's what fine dining should be about.
Uncle Julios is also available in other states, regionally.  2 in Florida,  2 in Atlanta 2 in Maryland,
one in Tennessee, and 8 in Texas.  And there are eight in Illinois.
If you're anywhere near there, it's worth checking it out.
Check the Website.
I don't have stock in the place.  I just love it.
It's not Chipotle or Quiznos.  That's the usual crap.
And don't get me started on Taco Bell
The three most nauseating commercials currently on TV.
Their naked egg breakfast taco, and their naked chicken chips, and worst of all, their Crispy Chicken Questellida.  It's as appealing as watching sausage being made.
Can only be viewed and only if you must, on an empty stomach.
We'll go back to trashing even more, next time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My books, "Show Runner" and it's sequel, "Show Runner Two", can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store.
Along with the newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
They are all compilations of blog entries that have since been removed from the blog.
So this is the only way you can find them.,
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne and Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperbacks, "Mark Rothman's Essays" and my new novel, "I'm Not Garbo" are not e-books.
But they are available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings lined up for those, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one of the paperbacks, personally autographed, contact me at macchus999@comcast.net
And now, we've got my reading of my "Laverne and Shirley Movie" screenplay on YouTube.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."