View My Stats

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Is That Him Or The Other One?

" Billions" on Showtime, is a terrific series..
But it commits the most basic casting sin.  Every week.
It's not that the actors are bad.  They're not.
Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis are wonderful.
Most of the rest of the cast is wonderful.
But there is a casting situation that pervades it that is most unfortunate.
There are three sets of actors that look way too much like each other.
It's close enough that it causes the viewer to ask out loud ''is that him or the other one?"
Or "Is that her or the other one?"
The actor playing the D.A. looks a whole lot like the actor playing Taylor's right hand man.
There are two blonde's.
One who played Bobby's love interest this season, looks a whole lot like the blonde who works for Taylor.
And there was a doctor who works for Giamatti this season who looks a lot like one of Taylor's assistants.
It all calls the question "Is that them or the other one?"
The point is it's all so unnecessary.
Life can be confusing enough.
Just cast actors who don't resemble each other.
All you Casting people out there:  Just be aware that this is a problem.
It's not like those Discover Card commercials where both ends of the phone conversations are
played by the same actor.
That's deliberate.  It's just as annoying, but I get it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My books, "Show Runner" and "Show Runner 2" can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store,
along with newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
They are all compilations of blog entries have since been removed from the blog.
So this is the only way you can find them.,
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne and Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperbacks, "Mark Rothman's Essays" and my new novel, "I'm Not Garbo" are not e-books.
But they are available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings lined up for those, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one of the paperbacks, personally autographed, contact me at macchus999@aol.com.
And now, there's my reading of my screenplay of my unmade "Laverne and Shirley" movie on "YouTube".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."