View My Stats

Saturday, November 3, 2012

'Tis The Season.

I just received the first couple of DVDs from the West Coast studios.
They do this every year, in an attempt to solicit my vote for the various awards
that are given out, now that we have begun to approach awards season.
This means that I am about to be inundated with DVDs on almost a daily basis.
And this also means that you will begin to be inundated with my "Report Cards",
or reviews, of these films.
Mind you, the studios only send out DVDs of films that they deem award-worthy.
Or at least films that can be assumed to be perceived as award-worthy.
My previous track record has been that I usually like more of these than I dislike,
but not by any kind of overwhelming percentage.

The concept behind Report Cards, for those of you less than familiar with it, is to
provide only as much information about the plot of the movie that is absolutely necessary.
And not a bit more.
And then grade them in various categories, answering key questions about them.
I do this from an unabashed screenwriters point of view.
I hate seeing stars on talk shows showing clips from the movies they're on to plug.
I don't want to be tipped off to anything about a movie that I don't have to.
I try not to read regular movie reviews which usually reveal way too much of the
plot.
For those of you new at reading report cards, I hope you enjoy the form.
One of my e-books at the Amazon Kindle Store is called "Report Cards", and is a collection of these reviews from the last couple of years.
The e-book has been selling very well, so more than just somebody out there likes
them.
Maybe you will too.
Maybe you already do.
You might want to go to the Amazon Kindle Store, where you can read the first five chapters or so, to get a sense of things.
So, let's go to the movies!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My books ,"Show Runner" and it's sequel,"Show Runner Two", can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store.
Along with the newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne & Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperback, "Mark Rothman's Essays" is still available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings remaining, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one, contact me at macchus999@aol.com.
And now, we've got my reading of my "Laverne & Shirley Movie" screenplay on YouTube.

******







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."