"Flight" is the one with Denzel Washington as the drunk pilot who lands a fully loaded
passenger plane fairly safely, and then gets called out on his drunkenness.
I'm not revealing anything here.
This was in all promos.
It's a pretty good story, rather well played-out.
It's the dark (pardon the pun) version of the Captain Sully Sullenberger story.
On to the scoring:
Is it interesting?
Much of the time.
Is it controversial?
It is a very interesting moral issue.
Is it a story worth telling?
Is it good storytelling?
It's a little ramshackle.
There is a subplot upon which far too much time is wasted.
Is it well written?
Is it well cast? Well played?, Well shot?
Denzel is dandy. As is John Goodman. Nothing special about the rest of it on that score.
Is it too long? Too short?
The sub-plot makes it feel a little padded.
Is it believable? Do you care about the characters?
Yes, and yes.
Is it predictable? Does it surprise you?
Not really predictable, and not unsurprising.
Do you think about it after you've seen it?
Is it funny?
John Goodman is funny. That's about it.
Would it have been worth the thirteen bucks it would have cost to see it in the movies?
Is it impressive ?
Overall grade: B.
It's not a movie that should be watched on an airplane.
My books ,"Show Runner" and it's sequel,"Show Runner Two", can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store.
Along with the newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne & Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperback, "Mark Rothman's Essays" is still available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings remaining, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And now, we've got my reading of my "Laverne & Shirley Movie" screenplay on YouTube.
- ► 2017 (80)
- ► 2016 (79)
- ► 2015 (81)
- ► 2014 (101)
- ► 2013 (131)
- The Last Angry Man. 3.
- The Last Angry Man. 2.
- The Last Angry Man.
- Report Card---"A Christmas Story, The Musical"
- A Bluer Christmas Than Usual.
- Report Card----"Flight"
- Report Card---"This Is 40"
- Why I Can't Stand Chris Matthews Anymore. Part Two...
- Why I Can't Stand Chris Matthews Anymore. Part On...
- Shakin' It Up. 3.
- Shakin' It Up. 2.
- Shakin' It Up.
- Report Card---"The Impossible"
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (21)
- mark rothman
- Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at email@example.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."