View My Stats

Thursday, October 18, 2012

More And Better Honorables.

Continuing on, in order of weakest to strongest:

"Blazing Saddles"

Having Frankie Laine sing what was essentially a cross between "Rawhide" and
"Do not forsake me" for a joke movie was inspired.
Even more so, because nobody told Frankie that it was a joke movie.
So he sang it straight.
He sang his straight little heart out.
And it was glorious.

"Requiem For A Heavyweight"

Not the TV play, but the movie, with Anthony Quinn, Jackie Gleason, and Mickey
Rooney.
Far superior to the TV play on all levels, notably the music, by Laurence Rosenthal.
It began without music, as we saw a fight from Anthony Quinn's eyes, as he is getting
beat up by a pre-Ali Cassius Clay.
The fight is stopped, and when Quinn gets back to his dressing room and stares at the
bloody mess he has become, the theme music starts, as do the opening credits.
The music is awesome, and the effect is as dramatic as anything.

"Spartacus"

Would actually rate higher if the Love theme was used as the main theme.
The main theme is good, but the Love theme blows it away.

"A Summer Place"

I never saw this movie.
I only know it from the hit single put out by Percy Faith, which is how I assume it was used in the movie.
It is quite appealing.

"The Sting"

A classic.
Not original.
It had been around since the early 1900s.
It's all in Marvin Hamlisch's great arrangement of it.
And it's great.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My books ,"Show Runner" and it's sequel,"Show Runner Two", can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store.
Along with the newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne & Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperback, "Mark Rothman's Essays" is still available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings remaining, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one, contact me at macchus999@aol.com.
And now, we've got my reading of my "Laverne & Shirley Movie" screenplay on YouTube.

******

Posted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."