View My Stats

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Still Got The Music In Me.

This is a prelude and introduction to the next series of posts relating to music.

Since I did the "Top Ten TV Themes" series, and got great response on it, I've decided to do the same thing with Movie Themes.
As I was compiling the great TV themes, I kept noticing how many great movie composers contributed to them.
And it got a little confusing.
Was that from a movie, or a TV show?

So, beginning next time, I will begin with honorable mentions, eventually leading
up to the top ten movie themes of all time, according to me.

The one thing I won't do is compile a list for the Top Ten Worst Movie Themes of All
Time. For one simple reason.
I can't think of any.
The bad ones on TV stick with you because they are oft repeated, ad nauseum.
If you happen to hear a really bad movie theme, it's probably from a bad movie, and
you'll probably never hear it again, so it won't be memorable.
So we're only going positive with this.
There will be plenty of great movie themes mentioned.
I hope that they will be evocative, and if you are not familiar with them, you will
seek them out.

See you next time, as we once again get musical.
And I'm counting on Mike from Chicago to keep me honest in the comment section.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My books ,"Show Runner" and it's sequel,"Show Runner Two", can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store.
Along with the newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne & Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperback, "Mark Rothman's Essays" is still available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings remaining, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one, contact me at macchus999@aol.com.
And now, we've got my reading of my "Laverne & Shirley Movie" screenplay on YouTube.

******

1 comment:

  1. Only tangentially related to the topic, but what the hell-- thought you might be interested to read Stephen Sondheim's comments about rap music:

    http://rapgenius.com/Stephen-sondheim-stephen-sondheim-on-rap-lyrics

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."