View My Stats

Friday, July 26, 2013

The Hundred Funniest Words. Part Four

I am going to replace eleven words.

I am dropping broccoli, macaroni, provolone, breadbox, spatula, salami, slush, cubbyhole, hippopotamus, hangnail, and dumbbell.

They will be replaced by titmouse, Sheboygan, tchotchke, spleen, gherkin, scrotum, putz, Lipschitz, schmendrick, phallus, and last but not least, cooties.

(Late addition---I'm dropping "muskrat" in favor of "pinochle")

Thus, the final list.

1- blintz

2- knish

3- bumbershoot

4- cucumber

5- titmouse

6- crumbcake

7- gorgonzola

8- glockenspiel

9- spittoon

10- rutabaga

11- bagel

12- dropkick

13- pretzel

14- prunes

15- shellaleigh

16- gavotte

17- snotnose

18- bellybutton

19- asscrack

20- cahoots

21- snootful

22- pants

23- zipper

24- matzoh

25- halvah

26- bocci

27- belch

28- phlegm

29- phlange

30- Sheboygan

31- scungilli

32- upchuck

33- fish

34- pistachio

35- clodhopper

36- Kalamazoo

37- tscotchke

38- kugel

39- latkes

40- brouhaha

41- cuckoo

42- spleen

43- lox

44- pus

45- ukulele

46- sauerkraut

47- boogers

48- gherkin

49- petunia

50- blubber

51- mudpack

52- peepers

53- bedbugs

54- scrotum

55- tsitzis

56- dildo

57- cumquat

58- macaroon

59- festoon

60- Cucamonga

61- guacamole

62- poppycock

63- tommyrot

64- kerfuffle

65- pumpernickel

66- Riboflavin

67- pickle

68- knockers

69- pinochle

70- wienershnitzel

71- putz

72- fleugelhorn

73- gallstones

74- Lipschitz

75- giraffe

76- cockroach

77- klutz

78- schlemiel

79- cooties

80- armpit

81- tonsillectomy

82- schmendrick

83- blunderbuss

84- farts

85- bloomers (underwear, not flowers)

86- bric-a-brac

87- boner

88- coccyx

89- chickenfat

90- Poughkeepsie

91- blimp

92- pimples

93- aardvark

94- phallus

95- yucch

96- seltzer

97- igloo

98- Edsel

99- noodles

100- cottonpickin'

Remember, this is, and has always been, a work in progress.
If anyone out there has any suggestions for improving the list, all ideas will be entertained.

Mark Rothman, Custodian of the Hundred Funniest Words.


*************

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My books ,"Show Runner" and it's sequel, "Show Runner Two", can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store.
Along with the newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne & Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperbacks, "Mark Rothman's Essays", and my new novel, "I'm Not Garbo" are available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings remaining, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one, contact me at macchus999@aol.com.
And now, we've got my reading of my "Laverne & Shirley Movie" screenplay on YouTube.

******

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."