I know that I have done a lot of promoting of my paperback and my e-books on this site.
You probably know that as well.
Some of you might think that it has been shameless and relentless.
To quote Chuck Hagel in his recent hearings, I leave that judgement to history.
Anyway, I am going to explore that territory once again.
I have just had my first novel published.
You, my lovely and loyal readers, are the first to become aware of this.
The book is called "I'm Not Garbo".
It is a paperback, and not an e-book.
I refer to it as a fable about Hollywood.
Most of it takes place in the 1930's.
It is completely original, and unlike my previous books, none of it has been ransacked
from the blog.
It is all new material, that has never been available elsewhere.
I immodestly think that it is the best thing I have ever written.
An interesting fact about it is that the idea for it came to me in my sleep.
I was sleeping, and had a dream that I was sitting in the movies, watching this movie on
It had a great cast: Nathan Lane, Lisa Kudrow, and Meryl Streep.
And I loved what I was watching.
Now, I had had dreams previously where I was watching a movie, and loving it.
Then, I'd wake up, having total recall of my dreams, and realize that what I had seen was complete gibberish.
But this one, the one with Nathan, Lisa, and Meryl, was actually terrific.
And I couldn't wait to start writing it as a screenplay.
What I dreamt ended up consisting of half-a-movie.
I then had to come up with the rest of the movie consciously.
It flowed quite easily.
The problem with doing it as a movie is that it would be quite expensive to make, and I
would most-likely lose creative control of it.
So I turned it into a novel.
And it's a better novel than it was a screenplay.
And it became "I'm Not Garbo"
It could eventually be bought as a movie, but this is most-likely the best opportunity
to witness my original vision of it.
If you are interested in obtaining a personally autographed copy from me, e-mail me at
firstname.lastname@example.org with your address, and I will give you all the pertinent information.
The book will not be available in stores.
You have my word that "I'm Not Garbo" is a major page-turner.
My books ,"Show Runner" and it's sequel,"Show Runner Two", can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store.
Along with the newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne & Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperback, "Mark Rothman's Essays", and now, "I'm Not Garbo" are available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings lined up, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like either or both, contact me at email@example.com.
And now, we've got my reading of my "Laverne & Shirley Movie" screenplay on YouTube.
- ► 2017 (65)
- ► 2016 (79)
- ► 2015 (81)
- ► 2014 (101)
- And They Want Money For This.
- Report Card---"Hyde Park On Hudson"
- Rothman's 2013 Oscar Choices. Part Two..
- Rothman's 2013 Oscar Choices, Part One.
- Report Card---"Zero Dark Thirty"
- Report Card---"Les Miserables"
- A Major Announcement.
- Report Card---"Friends With Kids"
- Reporte Carte---"Amour"
- No, I'm Not Going To Disneyland, I'm Going On Lett...
- Report Card---"Promised Land"
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2012 (99)
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (21)
- mark rothman
- Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."