View My Stats

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

No, I'm Not Going To Disneyland, I'm Going On Letterman.

There are two things I'm going to bellyache about today.
First, selecting Joe Flacco as the MVP of the Super Bowl.
That honor should have undoubtedly gone to Jacoby Jones, who made that record-tying kickoff return at the beginning of the second half, and that astounding touchdown catch earlier in the game.
Flacco was only involved in less than half of that.
He was more involved in the Ravens' impending collapse that didn't quite happen.
Jones was only involved in the valuable stuff.
It was a no-brainer.
And it turns out that the folks who handed out the MVP award had no brains.
Okay. That's one bellyache.
Here's the other one:
Every year, for every major sporting event, David Letterman will book the MVP of that game on his show the very next night, for an out-and-out suck-up interview.
No matter how boring this MVP might be, and how little story value there is to having him on.
It's a long, well worn-out tradition with Letterman.
And in this case, there are so many better options he could have had for booking someone from the Super Bowl.
Like Jacoby Jones, for instance, who deserved the MVP, and was flashy as hell.
Or Ray Lewis, who won his very last game in the Super Bowl, with at least half the crowd
hating his guts.
But the booking I really wanted to see was the Harbaugh Brothers.
That was a great story and would have been a great get even before the game was played.
And so much better afterward.
But what do we get?
The oh, so predictable Joe Flacco.
Probably not even the best Quarterback on the field Sunday.
He should have just gone to Disneyland like he was supposed to.

P.S., I have since seen the show, and it was everything I thought it would be, and less.
And Flacco said that he went directly to Orlando from New Orleans, undoubtedly to pick up the extra change for going to DisneyWORLD.
Even booking the guys who fixed the lights during the blackout would have been a better idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My books ,"Show Runner" and it's sequel,"Show Runner Two", can be found at the Amazon Kindle Store.
Along with the newer ones, "The Man Is Dead", and "Report Cards".
You can search by typing in my name, Cindy Williams, Laverne & Shirley, The Odd Couple, or Happy Days.
Check them out.
You don't need a Kindle machine to download them.
Just get the free app from Kindle, and they can be downloaded to an IPhone, IPad, or Blackberry.
The paperback, "Mark Rothman's Essays" is still available for people without Kindle.
I have many readings and signings remaining, and the thing about Kindle is you can't sign one.
If you'd like one, contact me at macchus999@aol.com.
And now, we've got my reading of my "Laverne & Shirley Movie" screenplay on YouTube.

******



1 comment:

  1. At thiѕ moment I am going to ԁo my brеakfaѕt,
    afterωard having my breakfast coming yet again to read other nеws.


    Also vіsit my blog ρost ... trash dumpster

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Hi. I am, according to my Wikipedia entry,(which I did not create) a noted television writer, playwright, screenwriter, and occasional actor. You can Google me or go to the IMDB to get my credits, and you can come here to get my opinions on things, which I'll try to express eloquently. Hopefully I'll succeed. You can also e-mail me at macchus999@aol.com. Perhaps my biggest claim to fame is being responsible, for about six months in 1975, while Head Writer for the "Happy Days" TV series, for Americans saying to each other "Sit on it."